Sunday, May 24, 2009

Brimfield, Spring 2009: The Good, The Bad, and the Just Plain Absurd, Part II

This year's trip to Brimfield was a windfall for vintage knitting patterns. As I pointed out in my last post, one of the characteristics of Brimfield is that one generally finds a lot of "bad" and "absurd" mixed in with the good...taken all together, the lot was rich and satisfying. Here are a few of my favorites:

The Good:
  1. For Babies-

2. For Boys:
3. For Dogs:

4. For Men:
5. For Women:
...Who love New Orleans, or Fleur-de-lis...just invert the 3-point motif...(I'll do it just to prove it works)...LOVE the wavy very modern columns!
And finally,
the BAD...or at least, pretty ABSURD:
...Cute, but I think I'll use the tassels and pom-poms for my curtains...
No flipping way will my boys EVER wear this... I don't care HOW cold it gets in New England!!!
So, if you like any of the patterns, I wouldn't dream of charging money for them...
but I WOULD like you to compose a short rhyme (a poem requirement...though readers KNOW how I love poetry...would apply too much creative pressure) expressing your appreciation for the pattern requested. Please leave said rhyme in the comments section, along with your email address, and I will happily forward you the requested pattern.
What's new is old...what's OLD is NEW!!!
I apologize, gentle reader, for the jumbling of photographs. Despite repeated attempts to make this post lay out properly, it continues to rebel. I trust that you will be able to sort out which knits are for dogs and which are for men and boys :-)

No comments: